Pass the Word…Class is Happening 2/27 @8am . . . Mondays return to 6:30pm
This is school vacation week, but since it’s Town Meeting Day tomorrow, we’ll be having boot camp at the same time . . . 8am!
We’ll also start Mondays at 6:30pm (no more 7pm start time due to winter sports). Still no Thursdays. Looking for another instructor to help when I’m not available to teach on Thursdays.
Feeling Like Vomiting When Exercising?
Ever throw up when working out? Ever felt sick? Read on how to avoid tossing your cookies. http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Exercise-Making-You-Sick-to-Your-Stomach-Beating-Exercise-Nausea/3v/
Homemade Power Bars
Check these out! Here’s the link as well:http://www.elanaspantry.com/power-bars/
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in afood processor
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat
- Remove coconut oil from stove, stir stevia, honey and vanilla into oil
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve
Makes 20 bars
Homemade Larabars-4 Recipes
This is a great new site I found. Pass this on to your friends and family.
HERE’S ONE RECIPE: CASHEW LARABAR
- Combine dates, cashews, peanut butter and water in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
- Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.
- Slice into 12 even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.
New Year’s Schedule
YES!!!! Boot Camp tomorrow morning at 8am! First time, or every time, get up and come to BFA Fairfax. It doesn’t get easier, trust me! We’re releasing a January Challenge and then a February Challenge. The picture below will give you a hint of the January challenge. See you tomorrow, 12/27. I’ll be staying after if anyone wants to get in an extra workout/row.
Also, we’ll have class on Monday, December 29 at 7pm, no class on Thursday, January 1, then class on Saturday, January 3 at 8am.
January Challenge. Chance to Win a Top-of-the-Line Jump Rope
Oh, I know. We never feel the greatest this time of year. The guilt sets in, the dark sets in, and everything feels likes it’s setting (settling) in.
We’ve done this before. It’s simple! Commit to 100 push-ups a day for the entire month of January. That’s it! I don’t mean, grind out 100 push-ups at once. Break it up through out your day. In your bathroom before work, during work, at home, at your child’s practice. 100 a day is super easy! These are chest-to-the-ground push ups. Here’s a video link to give you some variety.
If you truly completed at least 100 per day every day in January, your name will be entered into a drawing for a top-of-the-line jump rope custom made to your height and jumping ability.
If you’re in, click here:
Tabata Torture for a full hour.
Shoulder Press, Shuttle Runs, Push-Ups, Lunges, Jump Ropes, Planks, Leg Raises . . . make it stop . . . but we didn’t.
Nice to see you back Nancy. Winnie showed her guns (that’s toned arms, not what you think it is Paula & Betty). Bridgette was “sparkling” and Kevin was as strong as ever.
I was impressed with the weight that everyone used on the shoulder press. You can all join the Feb. 21 mini workout to benefit the American Cancer Society.
Betty, looking for a post from you. We’ll get you to be a blogger in 2010.
By the way, scroll down to find the attached documents that highlight everyone’s performances.
Attached is the document that highlights achievements. I want to recognize the athletes with the top percentage increases in the push up category.
1. Dana with 192%
2. Donna with 150%
3. Kellie with 125%
4. Dan with 106%
5. Kevin with 100%
It’s amazing at how far you can push yourself. Congratulations!
Open this Document for Results: