Pass the Word…Class is Happening 2/27 @8am . . . Mondays return to 6:30pm
This is school vacation week, but since it’s Town Meeting Day tomorrow, we’ll be having boot camp at the same time . . . 8am!
We’ll also start Mondays at 6:30pm (no more 7pm start time due to winter sports). Still no Thursdays. Looking for another instructor to help when I’m not available to teach on Thursdays.
Feeling Like Vomiting When Exercising?
Ever throw up when working out? Ever felt sick? Read on how to avoid tossing your cookies. http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Exercise-Making-You-Sick-to-Your-Stomach-Beating-Exercise-Nausea/3v/
Homemade Power Bars
Check these out! Here’s the link as well:http://www.elanaspantry.com/power-bars/
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in afood processor
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat
- Remove coconut oil from stove, stir stevia, honey and vanilla into oil
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve
Makes 20 bars
Homemade Larabars-4 Recipes
This is a great new site I found. Pass this on to your friends and family.
HERE’S ONE RECIPE: CASHEW LARABAR
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine dates, cashews, peanut butter and water in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
- Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.
- Slice into 12 even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.