Sunday Runs Start Today!
Every Sunday for the month of April and May, plan to meet at the brick church in Fairfax (just up from Foothills bakery) at 3pm. Run/walk the Egg Run 5k, 10k or any k you’d like. Bring your children, dogs, your bike . . . See you later!
Plan to be Outside
Here’s the long range forecast . . . spring is here (I hope).
Many of us are avid runners. Here’s some information on pose running, a technique that uses gravity to your advantage.
“Pose Method is a blend of using gravity through falling forward and shifting supports by “dropping the feet directly under the body as you move forward.” The changes of support are what Romanov characterizes as the different positions—or poses—that we move through in each cycle of running. Perhaps the most important thing for a beginner to understand when attempting to learn the Pose Method is that the number one consideration in moving swiftly and efficiently is that gravity is the one relentless force that influences all in terms of movement, and to run well your best bet is to use gravity as best you can as opposed to fighting it.”
Read more at http://running.competitor.com/2014/03/training/an-introduction-to-the-pose-method-of-running_65128#Uvq7ZgyAMAlzU2kf.99
Here’s another article: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&ved=0CHMQFjAN&url=http%3A%2F%2Flibrary.crossfit.com%2Ffree%2Fpdf%2F64_07_PoseRun_Techniques.pdf&ei=jT5BU9qAO8fLsASA1ICYDg&usg=AFQjCNH5wmwtew7FofrDo7DFrfUd7dl9yg&bvm=bv.64125504,d.cWc&cad=rja
Butternut Squash Latkes
- In a large bowl make latke batter by mixing together squash, onion and eggs
- Use your hands to form batter into 3 inch patties
- In a large skillet, heat oil
- Fry patties on each side over medium heat until golden brown and crispy
- Remove latkes from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil
- Repeat Steps 2-4 until batter is used up
- Serve with applesauce, sour cream or yogurt