Schedule. Nothing has changed.Fairfax Classes Located at the BFA-Fairfax School Monday & Thursday Evenings from 6:30-7:30pm Saturday mornings at 8am. Cambridge/Jeffersonville Classes: Wednesday evenings from 6:30-7:30pm. Located at the Cambridge Elementary School. Let’s start our Sunday runs back up. Starting next Sunday, we’ll meet at 3pm at the brick church in Fairfax and run/walk the Egg Run 5k or 10k. Bring your dogs, kids, kids on bikes, whatever you need to do to get yourself out and moving. Challenge yourself to meet us each Sunday in the month of April.
Everyone welcomed Tia Rooney, our newest member to the Boot Camp crew. She led a grueling, yet fun class last Monday.
Change to Boot Camp Dinner
Not knowing about the popular Westford Italian Dinner on Friday, April 4, the
dinner has been moved to Saturday, April 5. So, please can you RSVP by clicking on this link to get a new head count: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ez3eo-cDXSIXZwEJDqDP4Qztw6R5xu8Tr9dJxXz2neI/viewform
Transition to the Outdoors
We’ve been inside too long. Please come prepared to start moving outside. Dress
in layers. We typically start on a few paved hills and the “Kevin” loop. Eventually, the entire class will be outside. . . Hurray!!
A lot of you are moving vigorously and making the correct eating choices. Let’s pump it up since we’re now sliding into April. I don’t want to lose my $100!! It’s going to be close for me.
Feeling Like Vomiting When Exercising?
Ever throw up when working out? Ever felt sick? Read on how to avoid tossing your cookies. http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/Exercise-Making-You-Sick-to-Your-Stomach-Beating-Exercise-Nausea/3v/
Homemade Power Bars
Check these out! I’m making these today! Here’s the link as well: http://www.elanaspantry.com/power-bars/
- Place almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor
- Pulse briefly, about 10 seconds
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat
- Remove coconut oil from stove, stir stevia, honey and vanilla into oil
- Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste
- Press mixture into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously
- Spread melted chocolate over bars; return to refrigerator for 30 minutes, until chocolate hardens
- Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve
Makes 20 bars
Homemade Larabars-4 Recipes
This is a great new site I found. Pass this on to your friends and family.
Here’s one recipe: Cashew Larabar
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine dates, cashews, peanut butter and water in a food processor and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
- Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.
- Slice into 12 even squares. For best results store in the fridge, although bars can be kept at room temperature.