Thank you for being part of a special community of movers, supporters, and yes, talkers 🙂 Boot Camp as you know is more than just getting your butt-kicked and that is what makes it more special than any other exercise or social experience you’ve encountered. Looking forward to spending 2014 with all of you!
Hurray, it’s the first full week of back to boot camp classes! We’ll be back in Jeffersonville at Cambridge Elementary on Wednesdays @6:30pm. Then in Fairfax there’s the Monday and Thursday classes at 7pm and Saturday at 8am.
The Boot Camp motto this year is to “Push Yourself”.
Whether you do it physically, mentally or emotionally. Instead of over-thinking and not acting, step forward . . . you won’t regret it! For instance, I always wanted to get back on ice skates, but my last memory was 30 years ago of freezing feet and blisters. Then last week, I said what do I have to lose? Nothing! I got on the ice, a bit jittery for the first 10 minutes, then I was skating with my children. Another instance is going on a cruise. I’m not a fan of the ocean . . . I like it from the beach with a drink in my hand; however, enough is enough, I’m going on a cruise in April! You’re all welcome to come!!
When you push yourself it doesn’t have to be a huge step. It can be something simple as committing to getting all of your laundry put away today, making a crock pot dinner 2x a week, refusing to stop at fast-food joints, writing a thank you letter, getting that much need winter manicure & pedicure, etc.
Less thinking about positive pushes, and more doing the positive pushes!
Boot Camp Buzz
1.Kevin came to visit the “sledding and trail run” gathering last Sunday. Guess what? I was the only one he visited? Yes, it was cold, but he came out to see us all (er, me since I was the only one who showed up) . . . Feeling guilty yet? 🙂 Anyway, he looks great and is progressing with his recovery. Hoping that he can return soon to at least hang out with us and work his lower half. It was nice to see you Kevin!
2. Thank-you everyone for making working out w/ LSD so much FUN! Continue to bring or drag new people into Boot Camp class to increase your chances of winning something special in our monthly drawing. Every time you bring someone new, your name will go in the drawing! The winner of December’s drawing will be announced this week.
3. Brian Bill Memorial Challenge, Saturday, February 22th , 2014, Norwich University – Northfield – VT http://www.active.com/northfield-vt/running/trail-heads/brian-r-bill-memorial-challenge-2014. A large group of us competed last year. It’s great fun and not that hard. Like hiking in the woods? It’s for you! Let me know who’s going.
3. Annual Push-Up Challenge in February. Start thinking if you’re up for the 5,000 or 10,000 in one month. Push-ups exercise work on your fingers, forearms, hands, biceps, traps, shoulders, triceps, upper back, lower back, abs, glutes, quads, harmstrings, calf as well as feet. In a few weeks, I’ll be sending a sign-up sheet to make it more formal. What will it be? 5,000 or 10,000?
Check Out These Mouth-Watering Recipes
Paleo Sausage Kale Soup
- Tomato and Bacon Muffins
- Sausage and Kale Soup
- Spicy Sweet Bacon Wrapped Brat Bites
- Acorn Squash Tostada Bowls