Reminder that the Summer Special will end on August 3. There’s only two more 5:45am classes on Wednesdays.
Year-round we have classes on M&TH @6:30pm and Sat @8am in Fairfax (at the school); then another class every Wednesday night @6:30 in Jeffersonville at Cambridge Elementary.
Sweaty Week for Sure
Last week brought a mixture of different class formations, but one thing remained the same, the humidity was HIGH!! Here’s a slideshow of pictures.
Farm Store Discount This Week
The Farm Store in Jeffersonville will be offering discounts to those who workout at Boot Camp with LSD.
This week’s special is Monday – Wednesday (July 22-24) local organic broccoli $2.75 per bunch. For store location and hours visit: http://www.thefarmstorevt.com/
Bring a Friend to Boot Camp–Winner To Be Announced
Thank-you everyone for making working out w/ LSD & Co. so much FUN! Continue to bring or drag new people into Boot Camp class to increase your chances of winning something special in our monthly drawing. Every time you bring someone new, your name will go in the drawing! We started off the drawing by giving everyone a chance to win–there were 80 names in the box!
We didn’t draw the winner for June and the July drawing is just around the corner, so stay tuned and we’ll announce both winners at the end of this month! The May winner was . . . . Jen Ormerod, who’s nursing a hamstring injury. We hope to see her at boot camp soon.
Getting Back on the Wagon
Have you ever found yourself on a feel-good track of healthy food choices and lots of movement, then to find yourself in a downward spiral? Here’s some advice on how to climb out of your slump, to get back on the wagon: http://thelemonbowl.com/2013/01/falling-off-the-diet-and-exercise-wagon-tips-for-getting-back-on-track.html
Bacon, grape & broccoli recipe
- 2 or 3 heads of broccoli, depending on their size;
- 1 1/2 cup red or green grapes, halved;
- 10 slices bacon;
- 1/2 chopped onion;
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds;
- 1 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Place the slices of bacon in a large pan on medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes on each side until crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, cut the broccoli in small florets. You can use the stalks as well, making sure to cut it in pieces about the same size as the florets.
- Mix the florets with the almonds, chopped onion and halved grapes.
- Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, crumble and add it to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with the salad, mix well, serve and enjoy!
- 6-7 broccoli stems, shredded (about 1.5-2 cups)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1¾ cup almond meal
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- lots of salt and pepper
- Send your broccoli stems through a shredder. I used a food processor with the shredding attachment which made it go by super fast.
- Add your shredded broccoli to a large bowl along with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat with a bit of fat in it. Use a large spoon and your hands to ball up a fritter and add to a skillet. It doesn’t need to be flat, you’ll flatten it out after you flip it.
- Cook the fritter for about 3-4 minutes, then use a spatula to flip, then flatten out with the spatula. Cook for another 4 minutes or so.
- Once the fritters are crisp on both sides, eat them. I topped mine with a grass fed beef burger. Genius.