Week in Review
Boy, that 10-10-10 workout doesn’t get any easier. The top time was posted by Jill H . . . way to go Jill! My vacation made me miss last Monday. I was in Southern NH, then Boston for school shopping and visiting family. During my time, I visited Crossfit Nashua for a fun, arm-debilitating workout: It was 10 hang dead cleans (I used 65#), 20 wall balls (14#), then 30 pull-ups (band-assisted) for 3 rounds. I have never done 90 pull ups in 20 something minutes. Just yesterday, I was able to straighten my arms, but it was worth it!
Congratulations to Nikki and Lyndsey Wells and Jennifer Drury for completing the Round Church 5k. I think the next big run is the Cambridge 5k on Labor Day.
Okay, Let’s Get Ready to Boot Cancer!
Meet the 100 Day Challenge Tribe
Kid Friendly & Healthy Recipes
|Paleo Meatloaf Recipe|
1 lbs ground beef (Can substitute beef with ground chicken or turkey)
5 cloves of minced garlic
1 small finely chopped green pepper
1 tsp finely chopped basil
1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
1 tsp finely chopped thyme
½ cup of ground almonds, pecans and or walnuts (mixed together) ground black pepper (to taste)
– Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Make sure combined evenly.
– Refrigerate mixture for 30-1hour.
– Grease loaf pan with olive oil and put beef combination in greased loaf pan.
– Bake for approximately 75 minutes.
Paleo Trail Mix
Kids with love this Paleo Trail Mix. Great snack ideal loaded with nutrients. Put in small air-tight bag and pack with school lunch.
|Paleo Snack Recipe|
– 1 cup roasted almonds
– 1 cup pumpkin seeds
– 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
– 1/2 cup dried slices bananas
– 1 cup dried cranberries
– 1/2 cup raisins
– 1/2 cup dried apricots
Gluten Free Recipes | Soy Free Recipes| MSG free
Paleo Vegetable Recipes
– 2 bunches baby carrots, ends cut off
– 10 small white onions, peeled, cut in half
– 2tbs olive oil
– 3tbs balsamic vinegar
– 2tbs honey
– Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180o Celsius/350o Fahrenheit.
– Line a baking tray with baking paper, spread carrots and onions on tray.
– In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle evenly over vegetables and toss to coat.
– Place in oven and bake for 30‐40minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden.
Paleo vegetable pancake recipe allergy free. Start you morning with this Paleo recipe for the whole family. Serve with bacon or ham with a side of fresh fruit and vegetable or fresh juice to taste. Paleo Breakfast Recipe
|Paleo Kid Recipe|
– Combine 1 large egg into the bowl and mix thoroughly adding salt and pepper to taste.
-Spoon three mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan and fry until lightly browned, pressing down to flatten. Flip and while second side is browning.
Ideal Paleo Kids Recipe combining vegetables, fruits and nuts.
|Paleo Kids Salad Recipe|
Ingredients: – 3 cups fresh Arugula
– 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
– 3/4 cup fresh blackberries or cranberries
– 1 1/2 cup walnuts soaked
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp nutmeg
– Wash arugula, strawberries and blackberries/cranberries and set aside to dry.
– Cut strawberries in quarter or halves
– Slice walnuts in halves
– Mix arugula, strawberries, blackberries/cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg
– Top salad with balsamic dressing of choice.
– Paleo Balsamic Dressing Recipe: In a small bowl combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.