The fight against cancer goes on and we’re going to win this thing! Hardly anyone I know can say they DON’T have a friend or relative who has battled this terrible disease. The Boot Cancer Fitness Challenge supports the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. Please help us raise funds to win the fight . . . to Boot Cancer.
Boot Cancer takes the boot camp experience and the thrill of adventure racing by combining obstacles, functional exercises and endurance drills. On Sunday, October 10, 2010, Boot Cancer will challenge your strength and stamina. The event will take place at the Collins-Perley Sports Complex in St. Albans. Go to http://www.bootcancer.org to register as a competitor and/or volunteer. Competitors are asked to collect a minimum of $50.00 in pledges and will be grouped by gender and age. Volunteers and competitors will receive a t-shirt and prizes will be awarded.
**REGISTRATION IS OPEN**
Registration for Competitors and Volunteers is open for the Boot Cancer Fitness Challenge benefiting the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. The event is October 10, 2010. To register, go to: http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1876270. Can’t compete or volunteer? You can still make a donation to the event at http://www.active.com/donate/bootcancer. . . . . Event details can be found at http://www.bootcancer.org.
Here you’ll find 3 video links:
Boot Cancer Interviews 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yH6uMtGZIc
Boot Cancer Highlights 2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YvocDuG9Fc&feature=related
Boot Cancer Mini Camp 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTs-khaIVDc&feature=channel
How can you be a part of this event?
Listed are several ways to help boot cancer, please let us know if you can think of new ideas:
– Send a team of competitors
– Help recruit volunteers
– Sponsor one of the two workouts ($500.00 for each workout, includes naming the workout after the company, logo on t-shirts, inclusion of social networking activities, press releases, public service announcements, print advertisement, and full access to sports complex and competitors through onsite advertising)
– T-shirt sponsors ($100.00, includes logo on t-shirts and full access to competitors through onsite advertising)
– Donate in-kind prizes for top performers and fundraisers
– Collect donations from your work and other businesses (checks made payable to ACS-American Cancer Society)
– Fitness groups can host a Mini Camp (bootcancer.org/minicamps.aspx)
Here’s the press release for the 2010 event: http://bootcancer.org/media.aspx (Special thank you to Lisamarie for her professional input.)